Tuesday 31 July 2012

Small projects and missing hubby big time

Since Bobby has been gone since Friday on a boys band trip, I've been trying to keep myself as busy as possible.  Tonight I put the 2nd and 3rd coats of white on my kitchen table and chairs.  The set originally looked like this:


At Ikea in Minneapolis I bought a fabric to make pillows, and I realized that it would be the perfect fabric to cover my chairs with.  So after I go back to Canadian Tire to return the staples I bought that don't fit my staple gun (don't get me started), I will be recovering the chairs.  This is a sneak peek at the fabric:


I think the green will go really well with some of my kitchen art, and it really compliments both the blue in the fabric and the blue on the walls.  

I've got one or two coats left on the table and chairs, so they're hanging out downstairs right now (with a pile of laundry on the red chair in the background that I haven't folded yet, sorry hubbs!).

 
I've also been focusing the past week or so on trying to make our back yard nicer.  Since our back yard is actually kind of our front yard (since you don't see our "front yard" when you drive up), I have been trying to think of creative (and cheap) ways of making it more attractive (for now, since we can't afford to do all of the non-cheap things I want to do, such as a fence, big patio, etc).  

I wasn't going to do any flower planting this summer, but I caved and got 3 planters spray painted 2 of them, and planted some flowers.  I also spray painted the 2 patio chairs a really pretty blue colour (pictures pending) to add a pop of colour to the patio.  I don't have a picture to post yet, but here is a pic of my feet after the fact:

Ew.
On the boring but highly functional side of things, I also bought a hose reel and had Bobby attach it to the side of the house before he left.  It looks a lot more organized back there when there isn't a whole you-know-what-load of stuff lying around on the ground.

Here is a before pic of the patio/deck, and I will soon post an after:


On the more personal side of things, it's been kinda tough so far without Bobby around.  He went on a 13 day trip two years ago with the band, and that was REALLY tough for me too.  Since we've been married, I don't think we had spent one night apart up until Friday, so it's been a pretty lonely home these past few days.  He will have been gone a total of 10 days, which in my opinion is a pretty long time, and I cannot wait until he's back.  

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy he's having a blast out in Toronto with the boys, and it was my idea in the first place that he went on this trip, however I've been trying to do as much stuff possible to keep busy so that the days go by quickly.  I honestly don't know how some people can stand it when their spouses/partners go away for long periods of time.  I have a lot of respect for military wives and husbands who go months and months without seeing their loved ones.  This is also probably why I cry my eyes out at any show related to "military spouse reunions".    

On a lighter note, I've also been doing a lot of silly stuff, like this:

Yup, I'm a total stalker wife and screen-shotted a pic of us facetiming and made it look like I was kissing him...
This one is much cuter, and less creepy pathetic:

So cute.
I also found myself listening to The Feugh (Bobby's band) at work today.  I thought it was totally appropriate since at that exact time they were playing music in real life.

  
I have been looking at our wedding pics over and over again, and even wearing his shirts a lot this week, too.  But no need for those pictures.  Just admitting it is funny enough! :)

I will keep up with the painting this week and then I'm off to my in-laws cabin for the long weekend.  I can't wait to spend time with my niece, nephew and everyone else.  Bobby gets home on Monday (yay!) and I can hardly wait to see him.

That's all for now.  I'm going to go facetime with my long lost husband and hope I sleep okay tonight.

Lots of laughs and lots of love,

 M.J.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment