Sunday 16 September 2012

This is not an "I'm Pregnant!" post...

...but it IS a post about babies.

Happy lazy Sunday everyone!

Today I'm thinking about marriage and motherhood, and how becoming a parent = no-more-lazy-Sundays.  I think about marriage everyday, and how lucky I am to have found the one person in the world that was meant for me.  I have no doubt in my mind that Bobby will be an amazing Dad just as he is an amazing husband.

Just to clarify, no I am not pregnant.  The mere possibility and (most likely) inevitability of future motherhood is what has been on my mind.  It is such a huge step to take in a marriage, and one that has me feeling mixed emotions.  

I know that I want to be a mom.  I didn't always know this, but now I do.  I also know that Bobby wants to be a Dad, and that he will be a great one.  Bobby is so great with kids and always has been.  He is the oldest grand child and has been around younger kids his whole life.  I, on the other hand, have rarely been around kids and babies.  

It was not until my now sister-in-law and her husband had their kids that I truly learned that I wanted to be a mother.  When our nephew was first born, I was so scared to even hold him.  I had never changed a diaper even.  It was definitely a learning curve and one that I will cherish forever.  When my niece was born not even two years later, I couldn't wait to hold her in the hospital.  I have now changed countless diapers, have sang babies to sleep and I can definitely say that I am confident in my maternal instincts.  

Now, the fun part is to decide when I want to add "Mommy" to my resume.  

I'm twenty-five and Bobby is thirty, so we definitely don't have to rush into anything.  We've been married for nine months now and I love every minute of it, and I know that once we make that decision to start trying, it'll change everything.  We've talked about it many times, and one of my biggest fears is that once a baby comes along, Bobby will no longer be as important to me.  I think it's a good step for us to even have talked about that, so that we know that we will work very hard to make each other a priority even with a little one.  

So when is the perfect time to start trying?  I don't think there is one.  We'll never have a magic amount of money, we'll never been on enough trips just the two of us, and we'll never have done enough projects to our house before we're ready.  

For now, I am just going to enjoy my life as a wife and an auntie until I feel like I am prepared to turn the page to the next chapter.   

To finish off my post, here are a few of the many photos from this weekend!    


Hangin out with Bay

Holding hands!

Happy little flower
What about everyone else?  How did you decide when it was the right time to start trying?  

No comments:

Post a Comment